New Knuckle Bearing & Seal Kit for your Land Cruiser FJ40, FJ45, or FJ55. This kit fits early to 9/75 Land Cruisers. This is for models with factory knuckles. This is a complete knuckle kit for both side. We sell hundreds of these and have rebuilt numerous sets of knuckle. We know what you need to do the job right, this is the kit! Often loose steering and leaking is caused by worn out knuckles. Toyota used an enclosed CV joint in the front axle. This kit is commonly referred to as a knuckle rebuild kit. This kit contains all the bearing and seals to rebuild your knuckles on BOTH sides. There are several reasons you may need to rebuild your knuckles. Often the inner seal begins to leak which cause the differential oil to mix with the knuckle grease. This makes a soupy mess and often leaks on the back side of the tire. Another reason the knuckles are loose is the knuckle bearings (sometimes referred to as the king pin beaings). Bigger tires, miles, steering wear them out. They can be checked by jacking the vehicle and rocking the tire with your hand on the 12 and 6 o’clock position if it moves excessively they need rebuild. As a general rule, if your knuckles have not been rebuilt, they need to be.
- Knuckle Bearings must be replace with the races as well as the bearing.
- Remember how you disassemble your knuckles, often the same shims in the same location will provide the correct preload on knuckle bearings. You may or may not use all the shims.
- We NEVER replace the inner c-clips in the front axle. It was there for assembly purposes.
- Knuckle arms and hubs use cone washers to keep them tightly on the studs. A hammer whack to the side generally makes them pop up and then you can pull them out.
- If you are doing a mini truck disc conversion this is NOT the kit
for you, you will need SBKL3
|SBKL1A||Drum Front End Knuckle Overhaul Kit contains 4 knuckle
bearings, shim and gasket set, inner axle seal, hub seal, and star
washer. DOES BOTH SIDES!
This kit does not contain wheel bearings (but does include knuckle bearings), it is suggested that you replace them at the same time.