No other 4WD shock absorber comes close to matching the Rancho RS5000 and RS9000’s combination of features, performance, quality, and long-term durability.
1. A micro-polished cylinder wall and glass filled teflon seal: Representing the finest of build-quality and ensuring the shock’s amazing durability and heat-reduction qualities.
2. Hardened and double-chromed rod and double welded mounts: Stands up to the job in the toughest rough-road conditions.
3. 10-stage velocity-sensitive valving: A comprehensive valving range which responds appropriately to the changing terrain. Results in a safer, and surer ride.
4. Foam-Cell construction: Controls the oil for consistant performance in tough conditions. The design allows for 100% oil-fill of the shock, providing greater heat dispersion. The design, unlike ‘gas-pressure’ shocks, does not place undue stress on the seal, ensuring greater life for the seal and, therefore, the shock absorber.
5. Double-wall construction: Provides greater off-road protection against rocks, stone spray, logs etc. Unlike mono-tube shocks (Bilstein, De Carbon, etc.) the pistons of the RS5000 and RS9000 shocks do not run in the outer tube. This ensures that the Rancho shocks will be unlikely to fail if the outer tube is dented.
6. 240-hour salt spray-resistant finish: Superior protection. Because you know what salt does to poorly-protected steel.
7. Disc-type piston bleed and coaxial pin and slider base valve: For increased sensitivity to rapid changes in terrain, and for precise compression damping.
8. Softer on compression than rebound damping rate: For superior ride-quality and performance both on and off-road.